Essex Heritage Engagement & Learning Group
The Essex Heritage Engagement & Learning Group is a forum for education, learning and engagement professionals in Essex to learn, share, inspire and build their network. This is done mainly through quarterly meetings which often include training.
2021 meetings (Zoom)
- Thursday 15 July – 14:00 – 15:30
- Thursday 14 October – 14:00 – 15:30
If you would like to get in touch to discuss learning and engagement projects or collaborations across different museums, this group is a good place to start.
Enquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org
The following people (part of the Essex Heritage Engagement & Learning Group) may be able to help your museum or school.
- Jo Gillam – Heritage Freelancer specialising in education, interpretation and disability access (especially autism). Email: email@example.com Twitter: @1accessforall
- Claire Driver – Heritage learning and engagement freelancer with a special interest in early years and community projects. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valina Bowman Burns – museum learning freelancer specialising in education, projects, strategy development & fundraising. Email: email@example.com
Discover the inspiring range of learning activities and education resources that our Essex museums offer to people of all ages.
Scouts Heritage Service
Activities: downloadable learning resources, tours, talks, handling
Themes: Scouting, First & Second World War, remembrance, refugee experience, history of childhood
Activities: school visits, online resources, Artsmark, craft sessions, Girlguiding/Scouting sleepovers
Themes: Victorians, World War II and Evacuees, Natural & Local History
Activities: visits, teacher packs, Castle in the Classroom, Arts Award
Themes: Castle in the Classroom (virtual tour), Romans in Colchester, Victorian Lives, Toys and Homes
Harlow Sculpture Town
Activities: Sculpture walks, artist-led workshops, gallery visits, learning resources
Themes: Sculpture, public art, twentieth century art, Harlow
Activities: Learning sessions, loan boxes, Children’s activity bags and trails, Scouting badges, SEND provision
Themes: Local history, Stone Age to Iron Age, Marconi and Radio, Victorian Life, World Wars, Natural History
Saffron Walden Museum
Activities: Sessions on site & outreach. Loan boxes, online learning, SEND provision, holiday family activities & resources for young adults
Themes: Pre-history through to WW2, local history, geology, natural history, art and design
Epping Forest District Museum
Activities: Sessions on-site & outreach, loan boxes, virtual sessions, SEND provision, early years. Holiday family activities.
Themes: Pre-history through to WW2, local history, arts award