Explore best practice guidance, sector toolkits, procedures and example templates related to all areas of museum work. The pages are a work in progress, so do check back periodically to find more resources as they are added.
Click on each one below to go to the individual Resource page.
- Accreditation – information about how to apply and what support you can expect from your MDO and SHARE Museums East
- Archaeology Deposition – read and download the Essex Archaeological Deposition Guidelines, setting out the requirements for the creation, compilation and deposition of archaeological archives in Essex.
- Audiences – organisations, webinars and toolkits to support you in this area including accessibility
- Collections – resources to support you to manage your collections effectively including documentation, care and conservation, copyright and Spectrum procedures.
- Covid-19 – a compilation of guidance and resources museums may find useful
- Decolonisation – A compilation of resources to support you in how this can apply to your museum and what you can do
- Equipment – all available for Essex museums to borrow: filming and photography, digital learning and oral history equipment
- Fundraising – resources on fundraising strategies and how to successfully fundraise and some grant schemes you may be able to apply for
- Organisational health – forward planning, governance, example policies, guidance on good practice, Board recruitment and skills auditing etc.
SHARE Museums East
SHARE also have a huge number of really useful resources on their website on their Resources page.