Thanks to support from the Art Fund, SHARE Museums East is offering new Recovery Grants to help museums with essential work arising from the Covid-19 crisis that meets these aims. These grants are available to help museums reopen safely, develop new ways of working, engage with their community, or support the wellbeing of their workforce.
Museums can apply for up to £4,000 and have until midday on 20 August to apply.
Examples of activities for which the grant can be used include:
- Purchase of signage, protective or cleaning materials etc to enable museums to reopen
- Online ticketing software and/or contactless payment / donation equipment
- Consultancy on reviewing / restructuring your business model for new circumstances.
- Volunteer / trustee recruitment campaigns or assistance for them to work from home
- Digital activities to increase museums’ reach
- Improvements to digital audience engagement, such as website upgrades, short films or webinars
- Facebook or other social media adverts
- Community engagement or co-curation projects
- Audience data research, such as ‘Audience Finder’
- Additional equipment or room hire for working in your community, away from your building
- Wellbeing initiatives or programmes for staff and volunteers.
Eligibility: Recovery Grants are open to museums in the East of England within the ACE Accreditation scheme (including Provisional Accreditation and officially Working Towards), except ACE NPOs and National Museums.
For more information including the full guidance and an application form, see the SHARE website.